Monday, January 12, 2015

Broccoli Cheese Soup

 I've been on a bit of a soup binge this last week so here is yet another of my favorites, broccoli cheese soup.  Oh man, I can't resist anything with sharp cheddar on it, I could eat my shoes if they had enough cheddar.  This is a simple to make, extremely pleasing soup to eat, please enjoy!!!



This warm, comforting soup can be ready in 20 minutes. I simply rough chop all of my veggies since I'm just going to blend it in the end anyway.

1 bunch organic broccoli, chopped
1 organic carrot, chopped
1 stalk organic celery, chopped
1 organic onion, chopped
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 cup organic heavy whipping cream
2 cups organic sharp cheddar, shredded
Sea salt, to taste
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste


Place all veggies and seasoning in a pot. Add 2-3 cups of water (you DON'T want to cover the veggies, and you can always add more liquid in the end for desired consistency). Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cook until veggies are just soft enough to blend. Turn off heat. Blend all veggies and liquid with the cream. Pour back into pot. Stir in cheese. S & P to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment