Monday, May 8, 2017

Kale Pesto Garlic Bread

I was making garlic bread with dinner last night, and when I looked in the fridge, I found a bunch of kale hiding in the back. I forgot about it! I decided to add it to our dinner, but it wasn't quite fresh enough for a salad.  I made this spread for our bread, and it was our favorite part of our dinner!




1 bunch kale
Small handful of fresh basil leaves
5 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
1 baguette
1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, grated

Roughly chop the kale and boil in salted water for about 90 seconds. Drain the kale well.

In a high-speed blender or food processor, purée the kale along with the basil, garlic, garlic powder, olive oil, butter, and a pinch of sea salt.

Split the baguette in half lengthwise. Spread the pesto evenly on the bread. Top with the grated Pecorino Romano.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment